KfW funding assistance
What is supported?
The grant supports charging stations at parking spaces that are only accessible to municipal employees. Municipally used vehicles and privately used vehicles of employees can be charged.
Funding is available for:
- The purchase price of a new charging station with a maximum of 22 kW per charging point, including battery storage.
-The costs for installation and connection of the charging station, including all installation work.
First of all: KFW440 can no longer be applied for! You have already submitted an application and received the confirmation? Then you must submit the invoice to KFW within the period of 12 months to receive the funding!
The grant supports charging stations for electric cars & residential buildings.
The installation of the charging stations is possible at parking spaces and in garages that belong to residential buildings and are only privately accessible.
- The purchase price of a new charging station (e.g. wallbox) with 11 kW charging power and intelligent control.
- The cost of installing and connecting the charging station, including all installation work.
- The cost of an energy management system to control the charging station.
The grant supports charging stations for electric vehicles at parking spaces that are not accessible to the public. Company vehicles and employees' private vehicles can be charged at these stations.
Funding is available for:
- The purchase of a new charging station with up to 22kW charging capacity and intelligent control.
- The cost of installing and connecting the charging station, including all installation work.- Energy Management
-systems for controlling the charging stations.
Who receives funding?
With the grant Charging stations for electric cars - municipalities are supported:
- Municipalities and districts
- Their legally dependent own operations
- Municipal special-purpose associations
With the grant charging stations for electric cars
- Residential buildings are subsidized:
- Private owners
- Condominium owners
- Landlords of residential property (private individuals, companies, housing cooperatives)
With the grant for charging stations for electric cars - companies are supported:
- Entrepreneurs and sole proprietors
- Corporations and institutions under public law
- non-profit organizations including churches
- The grant amounts to 70% of the total eligible costs, but a maximum of 900€ per charging point.
- The grant amount must be at least €9,000
- at least 10 charging points must also be bundled in one application.
- The total costs must amount to at least 12,857.14 euros.
- You receive a flat-rate grant of 900 euros per charging point. You specify the number of charging points in your application.
- Your total costs must be at least 900 euros, otherwise you cannot receive a grant.
- If your charging station has several charging points, you can receive a grant of 900 euros per charging point - provided that your total costs are above 900 euros per charging point. Below that, the subsidy is reduced.
- The subsidy is paid directly into your account.
- You receive a subsidy of up to 900 euros per charging point. You specify the number of charging points in your application.
- Your total costs must amount to at least 1,285.71 euros.
- If you have more than one charging point, you can receive a subsidy of 900 euros per charging point, provided that the total costs exceed 1,285.71 euros per charging point.
- The maximum grant amount is 45,000 euros per location.
- The grant is paid directly into your account.
How does it work?
Important: Regardless of which subsidy you would like to apply for, you must submit an application to KFW before purchasing and installing your charging station.
If you have found a valid subsidy for you, please check which documents are required for the application. A corresponding list of the required documents for the respective subsidy can be found on the page of the KFW Bank under the point: How it works.
KFW439 for municipalities:
KFW440 for private persons:
https://www.kfw.de/inlandsfoerderung/Privatpersonen/Bestehende-Immobilie/F%C3%B6rderprodukte/Ladestationen-f%C3%BCr-Elektroautos-Wohngeb%C3%A4ude-(440)/?redirect=692736-No more new applications possible at the moment!
KFW441 for companies:
(as of 18.02.2022)